Thursday, April 5, 2012

Comfort Food - Bacon and Potato with Coddled Eggs

 Sometimes I really feel like some comfort food, just like pancakes on a sunday, bacon and eggs just seem like a warm hug from mum after a rough day at work.

Coddled eggs were something that I was keen to try and thought it would be nice to have some bacon and potato to go with it.  This type of food is not something I crave often, and is definitely not something that I would make a habit of cooking but sometimes you need to let healthy eating slide for an evening and let your inner glutton take over.



I chopped up three large potato's and boiled them for about ten minutes.


While the potatoes are boiling away, drop and egg and a teaspoon of butter into a muffin tin and spread some dill or fennel on top
 

Fry some bacon in a non-stickpan and once the potatoes are just softening add them to the mix after straining and patting dry.


Cook to your level of fried perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment