I cooked my first Thai inspired dish this evening. I didn't follow a recipe I just kind of made it up as I went along but here is the best of it. The chicken came tender and juicy and picked up the flavour of the cream and with the bacon sprinkled on top the balance between the sweetness of the noodles and the dry savory of the bacon complimented each other perfectly.
5 Chicken Thigh Fillets
4 Rashes of Bacon
4Tbsp Brown Sugar
1Tbsp All spice
1/2 Cup Dessicated Coconut
300ml Light Cream
Half a Brown Onion
1Tbsp Minced Garlic
200g Rice Noodles (Packet/Dried)
8 Medium Sized Mushrooms
Handful of English Spinach
Cracked Pepper to Taste
Do the following two steps simultaneously.
Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Chop the bacon into roughly one centimeter strips and dry-fry
- When half fried add the chopped onion and minced garlic (there should be enough fat from the bacon to fry the onion)
- Chop the Mushrooms into slices and add to the pan. Use a splatter guard to ensure you don't get splashed with hot bacon fat
- Add the cream and approximately 1/2 cup of water to the saucepan
- Once simmering add the chicken that has been cut into strips
- When chicken has begun to cook add the spinach, coconut, sugar, spice and pepper and stir
- Cover saucepan and let simmer
- When both saucepan and fry pan are close to ready add the noodles directly to saucepan and stir into mixture. Add water if needed
Once cooked Serve and Enjoy!